Friday, February 19, 2010

Egos are my friends

I'm supposed to be getting a call from back the enrollment counselor from CCU today. He did say Friday... it's Friday isn't it? I'm lost with my days. I get to pick Brendon up at work tonight, most likely late when Braden's asleep. I'll be glad to see him, but having to wake up a 2 year and driving on the icy roads isn't fun. Maybe he can get someone to bring him home, but we'll see. This training is so weird to us. He didn't train this much at Campbell, and being here and not seeing him as much is weird to us. Pretty much until after April, it's constant training it seems like. I won't see him at all in April. May is going to be a slow month since they'll be shipping the stuff off to Afghanistan. I can't believe it's been almost a year since he's been home(March 3rd). And we're talking about another. Yeah, I know, it's the Army, married into it and all that. I was 19 and naive. Brendon was still in basic when we got married, so deployment was not even on my mind. Neither was having a child, but here we are 2 years later. Would I change anything? No. Do I have to like it? Definitely not. I'm just trying to think about how this is going to impact Braden when daddy leaves this summer. I'm pretty much going to have to hog tie him to me, otherwise he's going to chase Brendon onto that bus.


I was also thinking of cooking some chicken tacos tonight for dinner. Sounds good. I did my work for the week, minus four discussion post replies, but that won't even take more than 20 minutes to do tonight when Braden goes down for the night. I feel stupid though. We aren't writing a whole paper, not yet. We were only required to write the title page, outline, and a reference/works cited page. But what's to cite? There isn't any content to cite. I noticed I wasn't the only one having that problem, and confused. It was asked to the professor, and he said ask the TA. So she went to the TA discussion area and asked, and she hasn't replied, and the professor did. Um, you couldn't answer this before? He said to quote our textbook, but for what? We didn't quote or use anything out of it. It's just a psychology text, not a writing text. It's not due until Monday, and I'm pretty much done minus the resource page, I'm waiting for a reply from the TA.

I just read this article, and it's pretty messed up. :(

2 comments:

Ashley February 19, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Did he give you a book to cite? If so, perhaps he just wants to see you use the correct citations for it.

Kena February 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

No. There's no book. It just said to make the title page, outline, and resource page. :/