Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Take The Plunge

I have been talking to a enrollment counselor with CCU. It's set up in a better way than Ashford, and I feel I would get a better chance of getting my meteorology degree than transferring environmental science credits. According to Mississippi State's transfer credits website, only three of my credits would transfer with the track I am on with Ashford. Why do I have to make things complicated? I would still finish out my classes and I could start in May with CCU. I will have taken English Comp I and English Comp II by the time I am done before May. I'm just going to take it day by day. With Ashford, I have to hardest time getting a hold of my academic counselor. Never e-mails or calls back, and trust me, I do it constantly if I have a question.

I just want to get on the ball and get my meteorology career going. A start though, is when the summer rolls around, I plan on doing some storm chasing out here in Colorado. Nothing like Reed does on Storm Chasers, going that close to a storm, but close enough. You can ask my mom and anyone who I grew up with, I've never been wrong about a storm and it comes like a 6th sense to me. Hell, I've wanted to have a meteorology career since I was 6 years old. No lie. My mom inspired me. It was 1993 in Georgia, and we were pretty poor, so we didn't have a tv. I asked my mom what snow was since the teacher made a mention of it. I asked why we never see it. She didn't know what to say. I asked her to make it snow. She said ok and snapped her fingers. The next morning? Wouldn't you believe we woke up to the Blizzard of 93 or the actual Storm of the Century. It was so WHITE and cold outside. We weren't prepared so we had to use socks as gloves. It was horrid, but it did make me question... why did this happen? Why does anything weather related happen? Why do tornadoes do some damage or no damage to a mass destruction to a town? Questions to ponder... and for a 6 year old, it made me extremely curious.

I apologize for the biggest nerd post in the world. I leave you with a video, talking about it...





1 comments:

Ashley February 16, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

You shouldn't apologize for the things in life that you're interested in. Trust me, I'm interested in a lot of things that people find absolutely geeky/nerdy. Is CCU a campus college where you'll be attending class rather than online? I'd definitely make the switch, considering online classes are so much more expensive! And especially if not all your classes are going to transfer. What a waste of your time and money!