Monday, February 22, 2010

A Little About Me

I figure it's best if I give a more in depth description of myself to my readers, or just those just passing by.


Hi! I'm Kena. I'm 22 years old and currently reside in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I was born and raised in Georgia, so living out here is a definite change for me. I have had a lot to deal with in my life as a teenager, and I look at those and think of them as challenges and help me become who I am today. I went to one high school, even was in marching band/symphonic band all 4 years. My senior year, I transferred after dealing with ex boyfriend stalkings. I graduated high school from West Laurens High School in May 2006. I didn't immediately go off to college, instead, I worked for a few months. I started dating my husband at the beginning of September 2006. He shipped off to basic on Halloween. We wrote continuously to each other. I enjoy fishing, camping, hiking, playing video games, crocheting, reading, making graphics, and other things.



(Sorry for the emo ness of the picture, it was taken during R&R of the last deployment when we were dropping him off to go back)


I married the love of my life, Brendon, December 28, 2006... he was on Christmas exodus during basic training. He was assigned to his first duty station, Fort Campbell, Kentucky, where I joined him three weeks after he signed in. We lived off post in Oak Grove for a few months before moving on post. We lived on post for the remainder of our time at Campbell. 2007 - 2009. We went through our first deployment March 2008 - March 2009. I was so thrilled to have him home!












In May 2007, we found our we were expecting a little baby January 22, 2008! I didn't really have much of a difficult pregnancy until the last month. After going through numerous midwives/doctors and so many different opinions and diagnoses, Braden Franklin Simmons was born January 12, 2008 at 10:45pm, via C-section. He was going to be turned by my doctor on January 4th, but she said I didn't have enough fluid, and the next day said I did, and then she went on bed rest, sending me to another doctor, who I met the day before delivery. Scary. His middle name is a family name, mostly named after my grandpa, who passed away a month before he was born. It was difficult for me to deal with his death. Braden is the most amazing person I've ever seen in my life. I love him with all my heart, and every day is a new journey with him.


















I could never imagine loving anyone as much as I love him. Brendon was deployed majority of his first year of life. He left when he was 2 months old and returned when he was 14 months old. It's very heart wrenching trying to tell your kids what's going on with daddy, even if they can't understand as a young age. He's changed so much since he's been born and we can't picture him as anything else.


We PCS'd to Fort Carson this past summer and we love it. Though, Brendon trains a lot more than previously, we enjoy having him home and being around. We are getting ready for another deployment, and I'm not looking forward to that.


So there you have it. Long and boring, I guess.

0 comments: